Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Kevin Borland on Sigmund Freudenberg (1828-1908)

Kevin Borland wrote on June 7, 2011: "If you're up, do you have a copy of where we got Max Freudenberg's birth date. I see there are two different birth years on the Internet. Also, I think I found Clara Horwitz' paternal grandparents, Abraham Horwitz and Pauline Froelich. I also found Sigmund Freudenburg's second wife Augusta, after Clara died. Sigmund had a full-sister Gertrude, and a half-sister Jennie, hence the origin of the name Jenny Gertrude. We'll have to search Philadelphia records to prove it's the same family, but I think it is, because Max is in the household in 1870 when they lived in New York, before Sigmund shows up in Philadelphia 1880. Sigmund sold life insurance. His office was across the street from the US Mint. Siegmund Freudenberg died March 23, 1908 in Manhattan. Up until then, he was living with his daughter Jennie (Freudenberg) Eidelman."