Monday, June 27, 2005

Mother in hospital in 2005

Selma was put in Valley Hospital some time last week. I visited her on Friday, June 27, 2005. I picked up my dad at Gorden Drive and drove him to the hospital. My mom was in good spirits and ate her food. She often complains of not being able to breathe, but I think she just has the same allergies and bronchospasms that run in the family. My sister, Judy has them also. I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and have difficulty breathing and I take a pseudoephedrine tablet and if its summer, i turn on the air conditioner, and in a few minutes I can breathe. Judy told me that she heard from our aunt, Helen Freudenberg, that our grandfather, Arthur Oscar Freudenberg would have breathing problems and have to stop the car and he would roll around in the grass trying to catch his breath. My mom suffers from hypochondria, and judging from her sister's writings, my mom would have the ambulance come to the house every month when she had he period. All pain to her is exagerated. She was fine Friday, and I told her I would try and visit her on Saturday. I didn't and she became very, very depressed. She called me and told me that she was all alone and that "I didn't love her".

I visited her at the Dell Ridge nursing home in Paramus on Monday, June 27, 2005. My dad was already there, he had walked there from Gordon Drive and had arrived at 2:40 pm. I drove through the rain to get there, it took two hours to drive. There was an accident on Easton Avenue and traffic was backed up. 287 South and the Garden State Parkway were bumper to bumper.